Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's Love Got To Do With It?

Everything! Love has everything to do with it! 

This morning at church through our Pastor's message I was given my mission statement. My purpose in life has been revealed. Roy and I both believe that we are called to show love to orphans-- near or far, wherever we are. I truly believe that this is why I was created. I want the chance to show love to the "unadoptable" orphans of the world. The children that are "too old" or "not cute enough" or "too sick" or "too afflicted by disability" to be adopted. God is showing me that there is a genuine need for this and I can show His love through the love I have to give. 

So, here it is, my mission statement... "Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]. And walk in love [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance." Ephesians 5:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home