Sunday, November 21, 2010

Roy's First Post

Well here goes....my first post on this blog, one that I have waited to do to get the ball rolling for myself.
What an incredible few months this has been for me, and what an outstanding past 10 days. As Jill said earlier, we have contemplated adopting again for a long time. I am thrilled that the time is finally right for us.
I pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible and would love to adopt twins if that is what works out for us. I take comfort - and truthfully, a little stress to, knowing that it is not in my hands, but I know that God has a great plan for us and it will all work out. I only hope that I find the patience that I will need throughout this journey. I am looking forward to days of crazy running around, and yet know that along with that is going to come times of simply waiting for the next step to happen - something that will be totally out of our control.

I already keep thinking, okay already, when is the next thing going to happen! We mailed off our first few papers back to AWAA (our agency) on Friday, and so the next few days are a waiting game again. I already dream of receiving a referral though I know truthfully that is still a ways away. I keep playing scenarios over and over in my mind as to how this will all happen. Yet, I trust that it will all work itself out just the way it is meant to, as it is not in my control. 

I think back to adopting Josiah, and how long it seemed to take during parts of the process and how quick it was overall. I remember having to leave him behind while we had to fly home and wait for our court date to finalize everything. And my heart aches knowing that we are going to have to go through something similar again, yet am blessed in knowing how worth it everything is in the end - I would not trade our experiences for anything in this world, especially remembering the joy when we got to bring him home for the first time.

I think back to the days that Kallista and Jenna were each born, both so tiny and it seems like yesterday that each was so easily held in just on hand! And I look at how big each one of my 3 beautiful children are now and how quickly the time seems to have passed and I know looking back this journey we are beginning is going to seem to pass quickly to. 

I am so excited to be adding to our family, and pray that God blesses us throughout this process and keeps us strong and peaceful during the times that we find ourselves struggling frustrated.

We are one day closer to bring a new Narunsky or two home.....
--Roy--

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2010 at 7:34 AM , Blogger Tiffany said...

God is going to bless you in amazing ways. Just keep trusting the story He is writing for you! I am praying and believing that He does indeed have twins for you!

 
At November 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Bethany said...

I am so excited for you guys! Thanks for posting this link on your facebook so we can all follow the journey! I am praying for your whole family as you get ready to add a new one or two little ones to your family! :) So excited!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home